Partakers Christmas Thought
30 November 2021
Church Worship - O Antiphons
In the podcast today we continue celebrating Advent and Christmas with some ancient Christian worship! These seven O antiphons each address Jesus Christ using a Messianic title drawn from Old Testament prophecy. Read backwards, the initials of each title in Latin form the words “Ero Cras” or "Tomorrow I shall be (with you)" – looking forward to the return of Jesus Christ.
The seven antiphons are:
- Sapientia – Wisdom (Isaiah 11:1-3; Isaiah 28:29)
- Adonai - Holy Lord (Exodus 3:1-4; Isaiah 11:3b; Isaiah 33:22)
- Radix Jesse - Root of Jesse (Jeremiah 23:5-6; Micah 5:1; Revelation 22:16-17)
- Clavis David - Key of David (Isaiah 9:6; Isaiah 22:21-22)
- Oriens - Morning Star (Isaiah 9:2; Zechariah 6:12-13; Malachi 4:2; Luke 1:8-10; John 8:12; Hebrews 1:3)
- Rex Gentium - King of the Nations (Genesis 2:7; Isaiah 2:4; Isaiah 9:7; Isaiah 28:16; Haggai 2:8-9; Ephesians 2:14-16)
- Emmanuel – God with us (Isaiah 7:13-14; Matthew 1:23; John 3:16; Acts 4:11-12)
Come listen and interact with an attitude of worship and prayer, and make them an act of your worship of Jesus today!