The day God came to town!
Ezekiel 1:1-4, 24-28 to 2v2
Right mouse click and save to download the MP3 file of this sermon.
Right mouse click and save to download the text of this sermon in PDF format.
I wonder if there anybody here that is 25 years old? Anybody turning 25 this year? How about those who wished they were turning 25 this year? Imagine you are a 25 year old and being trained for the family business. Then suddenly your enemies invade your city and take you away to a foreign land. That's what happened to Ezekiel 5 years before this passage of Scripture, when the Babylonians, led by Nebuchadnezzar in 597BC took 3000 Jews back to Babylon. This was the first deportation.
1. Ezekiel - who was he and how did he get there?
- His name means "God is strong" ·
- He was training to be a priest
- Now 30 years of age, if he had been in Jerusalem, he would have been ministering in the Temple.
- He was married to the woman who is described as the "delight of his eyes".
2. How does Ezekiel describe this vision of God?
2a. God is Holy
2b. God is Universal
- Omnipresent ·
- Omnipotent ·
- Omniscient ·
- God is Mission minded ·
- God is Personal.
3. What is our response in 21st century Britain?
3a. We Evangelize
- What is evangelism? ·
- Why evangelize?
3b. We boldly speak God's word.
When you are faced with a crisis or some trouble, how do you react? Are you like the ancient Israelites that Ezekiel was sent to? Do you trust in the holy, all-powerful, all knowing, personal God or do you trust in other things?
- God is coming again! ·
- Be Holy and be obedient!
- Live a life worthy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Trust fully in the God of your salvation
- Go tell somebody!
Finally, if you need prayer for something related to what I have said today, then find somebody to pray for you. And if you cant find somebody to pray for you, then come and find me.