Talk given at Alpha - the Bible
Aim: to discuss briefly the following things regarding the Bible before breaking into discussion groups.
1. What is the Bible?
- Bible can be used and abused
- Bible in history & society.
- Richard Dawkins & Dan Brown
- Other claims to be the Word of God - Koran, Book of Mormon
2. How did we get the Bible? 3. How did God give us the Bible?
4. How to look up the Bible?
5. Why interact with the Bible?
- The Bible helps us know God more
6. How should we interact with the Bible?
Keys to understanding the Bible ·
- Read it
- No explicit contradictions
- Context matters
7. Some practical interactions with the Bible!
- Public & private reading.
- Meditating or thinking about it
- Obeying it!
- Preaching & teaching.
Click on the appropriate link below to subscribe to this website